1. The Natural Skincare Business Basics handbook
This is your ultimate handbook for launching your own natural skincare brand. It’s a step-by-step and comprehensive guide to support you in building the right foundations for your natural skincare business.
This 120-page PDF covers everything from starting your business to creating and selling your products (and the legal requirements you need to know along the way).
- Business basics – How to start your business, how to plan for its future, tax essentials and what registrations and insurance you need.
- Market research – How to get a thorough understanding of what your ideal customer needs and wants.
- Branding – How to create a stand-out brand in the natural skincare industry.
- Social media – What platforms to use, what content to create, and how to generate interest and engagement, authentically.
- Website – The content and features you need in place so your website runs smoothly for a user-friendly experience.
- Laws and regulations – Everything you need to know from a compliance standpoint in easy-to-understand language.
- Creating your products – The pros and cons of different manufacturing options, where to buy ingredients and the different types of packaging available.
- Product testing – What testing is required for your products to ensure they are safe and effective so your customers will fall in love with them.
- Selling products – Where to sell your products, how to ship them, how to approach stockists and how to keep your customers coming back for more.
- Labelling – All the legal requirements you need to consider and how and where to print them.
- Pricing – Which pricing strategy to choose and how to price your products for a profit.
- Marketing basics – Learn a range of free and paid strategies you can use to promote your products.
- Markets – What to look for when choosing markets to attend, how to sell your products in person and what you need for a beautiful market stall.
- Plus plenty more!
You’ll receive instant access to the handbook, tools and templates via the course webpage. Access to the webpage will be valid for 12 months, and you'll be able to access any updates to the documents during this time.
2. Essential business tools and templates
You’ll gain access to 7 essential business tools and templates I’ve created and use for my own natural skincare business to make planning, pricing, batch calculations, finances and markets easier. Saving you time, energy, and mental overwhelm, these will support you through the ins and outs of running your business and become the backbone to keep you on track with your products, finances and goals.
Every successful business starts with solid foundations. Use this simple Business Plan to outline your what, why, when, how and who, and get clear on your goals and vision for the future.
When you’ve created the next “it” product, it’s important the formulation isn’t lost along the way. Use this Batch Calculation spreadsheet to record your final formulation for each product. Save time when manufacturing by simply inputting the quantity of product required to instantly know the quantity of ingredients you need.
Risk Assessment & SWOT Analysis
Being prepared is the best thing you can do for your business. What are the strengths and weaknesses of your business? What are the biggest risks facing your business now and in the future? This template will help you figure them out.
It’s good practice to keep records for each new batch of product you make, and it’s often a requirement from insurance underwriters. This template is an easy way to meet this requirement and keep handy for future reference.
Finances are never fun, but this spreadsheet allows you to estimate your start-up expenses so you can prepare for them, and record your revenue and expenses so you’re ready to see your accountant come tax time.
Market Stock and Sales
Markets are a fantastic outlet for new skincare businesses and made easier with this spreadsheet. Record stock levels, sales, profits, and even ‘balance your till’ after the market has ended.
Inventory & Pricing
Having your pricing right from the get-go will save you a lot of grief further down the track. Use this template to easily and confidently calculate your wholesale and retail pricing based on the prices of your ingredients. Record your inventory and supplier details for effortless re-ordering.
3. A 30-minute 1:1 strategy session
In a 30-minute strategy session with yours truly, you’ll have the opportunity to ask any burning questions you have or advice you need after reading the handbook. We will talk specifics about your brand, your next steps, and you’ll get to pick the brains of someone (me!) who’s been there. Together we will build your confidence and explore options to pave your path to success in your natural skincare business.
We’ll arrange a date and time that suits you for a chat via phone, Zoom, Messenger or even over a coffee if you’re in Brisbane – whichever you prefer. This session can be booked up to 12 months from the date the course was purchased.
BONUS: Pricing for Profit (Silver) package (valued at $49)
Receive the Silver Pricing for Profit package as a bonus when you purchase the course. It's a 15-page guide with training videos that goes into more detail about pricing than what's provided in the course.
BONUS: Cosmetics Labelling Essentials guide (valued at $89)
Receive a free copy of my Cosmetics Labelling Essentials guide when you purchase the course. It's an 18-page guide that contains everything you need to know about labelling your skincare products to sell in Australia.
BONUS: Can I Say That? Demystifying cosmetic versus therapeutic claims guide (valued at $29)
Receive a free copy of my Cosmetics versus Therapeutic Claims guide when you purchase the course. It's a must-read 12-page guide that will help you understand the difference between making illegal therapeutic claims and acceptable cosmetic claims.
This course will help you